Thursday, July 18, 2013

Vegan Living

I've decided to go partially vegan.
Am I crazy?
Possibly.
Is cheese awesome?
Fuck yeah.
Is custard even awesome-er?
Fuck yeah it is.

So why give it up?
For my health.
Cause I don't need it.
Cause I want to.

I'm going to slowly progress into this lifestyle.
However, if I crave cheese at some point, I will give myself some damn cheese.
My goal is to be eating 80-90 percent vegan meals on a daily basis.

So let's start by showing my first ever homemade healthy vegan pizza of doom!!!!!!

Okay, so have you heard of Flat Outs?
They are a flat wrap this is great for sandwiches but also rocks as a healthy pizza crust alternative, and its vegan! Woot woot!

Top this wrap/pita/crust of your choosing with some bbq sauce (one without honey), and some vegan cheese, and throw on some toppings of your choice! I went with cheddar cheese, faux chicken, onions, mushrooms, and peppers. This was the first time I'd experimented with vegan cheese, and its not awful! Its not amazing, but its not awful!


As you can see, the cheese melted. Kinda. It melted to a certain point and then just stayed there.
Would I make this again? You betcha. Each "pizza" is about 300 calories with the toppings I put on it, and it was damn tasty!

I will keep you updated on my journeys into the vegan frontier!

Buster approves of my vegan pizza!

No comments:

Post a Comment