Thursday, July 11, 2013

Starting A New

I've been wanting to start and stick with a blog for the longest time now.
Each blog I've had seemed to have a particular theme whether it was food, fashion, or me just venting about society. I start out strong with each new blog, but then I let them fall by the wayside.
I want to make this blog something special, regardless if anyone reads it or not. I want to improve my writing, my picture taking skills, and I want to do something I enjoy.

I thank you for taking the time to once again start a new blogging journey with me and I hope I don't disappoint!

So...for my first blog I bring you...


BAKED FALAFEL GOODNESS!

As most of you know, I'm on a journey to find a healthier, happier me and this is one of my favorite recipe remakes! Falafel's are not necessarily unhealthy to begin with, but they are fried in oil. This recipe calls for very little oil and is VERY easy to make!



What you will need:

-1 15 ounce can garbanzo beans
1 small onion, finely chopped
2-3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 teaspoon coriander
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes (optional)
2 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
Salt and pepper to taste

Set the oven to 375. While the oven is heating, drain the beans and put them in a bowl. Take a fork or a potato masher and mash the garbanzo beans. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. I use a tablespoon measuring unit and place the mix into it to form my falafels. The recipe should make about 15 falafels if you make them tablespoon in size. Take a pan (I just us a pizza pan) add olive oil to the pan, and the place the falafel on top. Bake each side of the falafel for about 15 minutes until brown and crispy.

I usually put my falafel in a pita or wrap of some sort and add humus, lettuce, tomato and onion. Try throwing them on a salad, or adding it to tabbouleh! 

Keep in mind, as these are not fried they will be a bit softer than normal fried falafel, but the flavor and taste is still excellent!

I hope you've enjoyed my first of many postings! 




No comments:

Post a Comment